Bras!

If you are easily offended by the mention (or the sight of) women's undergarments (in particular, mine), stop here and go away.


I bought 5 new bras this week.  I was down to two, very sad, very old, very tired bras and decided to 'treat' myself to some new bras.  To the point I went somewhere they had someone who knew bras and could fit me (Oprah would agree with my plan, I'm sure).  I had the need/desire for new bras so badly, it was even taped on the back of my bedroom door on my 'wish list'.  So if you are needing bras and want to get fitted here in Helena, go to Macy's and ask for Kathy.

I spent more money on those 5 bras than I have probably spent on all my bras combined over the past decades.  But boy, do they feel good.  I even got a tutorial on how to wash them and store them (obviously she has not seen my lingerie drawer).  But unless you wear a good bra, fitted well, I can't even begin to describe the difference in feel from my old bras.

Normally, I hate wearing a bra so much (and it shows) when I get home, the shoes come off at the door and the bra comes off right after that.  The difference now is that I will continue to wear it because it doesn't bother me.

I was wondering why it took me so long to 'treat' myself and buy something which is worn every day for several hours.  After all, both my daughters have been buying their undergarments from Victoria Secrets for years now.  Why shouldn't I have the same feeling of luxury?  (well, beyond the fact that VS stops right before they get to my size...)  Savvy provided the answer over clothes folding yesterday, it's because I'm a mom and I'm more concerned with taking care of everyone else first and putting myself last.  As I was doing the laundry and came across my 'oldies', I tossed them straight into the trash.  I didn't keep them 'just in case'.

Now, I am putting my best boobs forward, so to speak.  Buying these new bras has been an uplifting experience in more than one way, physically and mentally. What's next?  Maybe that massage would be in order.

Comments

  1. I did that! Bought a few hundred dollars worth of the prettiest, best fitting ( very expensive) bras. It was wonderful! Unfortunately that was several years ago and they are now sadly out of shape and uncomfortable again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts