"Capping Off" My Birthday

Today is the big "57".  Ok, so it's not a milestone birthday.  But the good news is that I've made it through another year without killing anyone.  That's a good goal, right?

But to show that I haven't just been doing homework or playing with Lady K, I did manage to finish up this hat for a friend.


I had this huge ball of this bulky yarn in my stash.  The colors I had picked out to possibly do something for myself with.  You know how it is, you find some yarn you like, have no real plans for it and you get it, waiting for that perfect project.


Savvy is stuck being my model.  Only because she wants me to make her a new cap.  She's my 'the wilder the better' cap wearer.  She doesn't care if it looks like a fish, or a unicorn, she'll wear it.  Actually, she wants a 'beard' hat this winter...some of the implications are better left unsaid, a real inside joke.  But the cap is one of those 'slouchy' hats which are so popular.  I think if you have long hair it would be great, plenty of room to stick it without your hair getting plastered to your head. 


A simple cable design, knit in the round, so no seaming.  I hate seams.  The pattern I got off YarnCanada.ca and is Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson .  I have it pulled really forward on Savvy's head, so the 'slouch' on mine isn't as pronounced.  And since Lady K was helping, my decreases were not quite as actuate as I would have liked.  But the hat is a beautiful combination of blues and purples and is soft and warm, which is all I really wanted.

On other WIP's....Dr. Who is about 600 rows long now, only about 1000 more to go!  I haven't been sitting and knitting much lately, but need to ramp it up.  Winter is coming and Savvy needs a new beard!

Comments

Popular Posts