Pretending It's Summer


Since we have gone through, not one, but three rounds of snow since Saturday, I was feeling a bit 'under the snow' on Sunday.  With no one needing to be anywhere, it was prime napping/resting day.  And for once, I was really wanting some 'summer' in my life and I came up with a plan which was pretty good.


  1. Light a scented candle in floral tones.  I had a lavender candle going.
  2. Turn on the heated mattress pad.  Crank it up a bit over what I use at night.
  3. Turn on the fan to simulate a summer breeze.  (Sorry, I need a fan on for circulating the air all the time.)
  4. Read a gardening book.
So here I was, all toasty and warm, the scent of flowers in the air, reading about plunging my arms into warm soil.  It wasn't perfect, but when compared to the additional snow I needed cleared off my stairs on Monday morning, it worked.

Comments

Popular Posts