This was the BIG project which occurred on Saturday. On the spur of the moment. The carpet in the living room/office was old to begin with. And stained, some of it pet stains. Of course, Lady K and the pets added to it. Nothing Texter or I did could get rid of stains and odors. So, with permission from Savvy and CJ, Texter started ripping out carpet and padding yesterday. We are now a hardwood floor in the living area. It does need some cleaning. Probably could use being sanded and a coat of whatever put on it. But here's to hoping it will easier to clean up any spills and stains, both by animals and Lady K. And it looks good with the colors we selected for the walls.
But it was an all day job and Texter did much of it all by herself. Once she got the OK, she was off. She pulled and cut the carpet into sections we could handle. I was so proud of her work. It's hard for me to remember/realize she is an adult now and capable in many, many areas. Right now the front porch has a huge pile of carpet and padding which we will have to load up and take to the dump next week. But it looks so much better. Now for some area rugs!
For the rest of the week -
- Books - finished 4, scanned 1
- Steps - 56,989 steps/26.06 miles. About 13,000 miles short for the week!
- Posts - 5 written
- Led one NaNoWriMo write in
- Made reservations for breakfast with Santa in a couple of weeks
- Finished a cowl for a friend (one project down)
- Started a baby quilt for a friend
- Added to my fabric stash for the Mystery Quilt and just 'because'
- Joined co-workers for dinner Friday to unwind
- Signed up for a "BeeHive" swap and the Chaotic Goddess Christmas swap
For next week -
- Another book review posted and another book selected for next review
- Leading Nonfiction Book Group
- Leading two NaNoWriMo write-ins
- More plans for my planner
- Catching up on writing for NaNoWriMo
- Go through papers around desk and 'organize'
- Finalize menu for Thanksgiving and make shopping list
So off to take dogs to get shots and then head down to the library for NaNoWriMo write-in.