Couple of "BIG" things this week. First, was receiving my gifts for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap with Chaotic Goddess from Kaylee of Chair in the Shade. The premise is to open one gift a day for 12 days, starting today and ending on the 24th of December. So the first gift is...
Memo pad! It's now on the refrigerator to record my shopping lists as we run out of items. I will probably take the little calendar post-it and use it in my journal, but want the pad there for my grocery list as we are really going to try and stop 'impulse' shopping at the grocery store.
The second "BIG" thing is Texter and Lady K left yesterday for 17 days in South Carolina with the other grandmother and family. Seventeen days of no one but me in my bed at bedtime. Going to bed when I feel like it. Being able to read in bed at bedtime. So what did I do on my first day of freedom? Go to bed early and not read in bed!
For the rest of the past week...
- Cleaned out fish tank and bought two fish to eat the algae
- Found my compass I knew I had
- Walked 60,822 steps/27.82 miles
- Texter finished up her first semester at school with all A's and a B
- Wrote 3 posts
- Finished 5 books
- Finished Clue 2 for the Mystery Quilt and cut out the strips for Clue 3
- Started a jigsaw puzzle of "Starry Night"
So this week, where I have an extra day off by the way, I plan the following...
- Finish up Clue 3
- Work on the 1930's QAL
- Start on my 2016 planner and goals
- Lead the last Nonfiction book group
- Enjoy the peace and quiet!