Year End Review

It's that time of the year.  Time for reflection and anticipation.  So for the 'reflection' part, I looked back on 2015 and what I was thinking and planning this time last year.

 
One of the biggest things I have in my planner is 'putting myself out there', both with my art and my writing.  This coming semester will have me putting together a portfolio and learning how to get things to print.  I also just started a writing group this month and we are still in the organizational stage.  I am hoping it works out well.

Writing group - started and disbanded after a few months.  I just couldn't get a consistent group of people (sorry Matthew, you are consistent)

Putting my art out there - rethinking my priorities.  Finished with school for awhile, or at least until Texter finishes her schooling and I'm old enough to audit classes at our local college for very reduced rates.  I would still like to look at getting some of my artwork into print form, but it's at the bottom of the to-do list at the present time.

I am taking part in the Documented Life 2015 Project and also the 30 day Flow Journal.  I will be doing NaNo again, but hope to do more meet ups during the month.  I want to do monthly craft/artist dates with friends. 

Didn't do the Documented Life 2015 project or Journal 52 project.  Did start the 30 day Flow Journal.  And did do NaNo again as the municipal liaison and will do so again in 2016 (I think).  The artist dates....well, I have had a couple and will work on more, even if it is just for myself, in 2016.

I will be watching my pennies and to this end, in January, no fast food.  If it has a drive through, it's a drive "don't"...except Starbucks.

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!  "Nuggies and fries" solved a lot of issues this past year.  With the move, car, life in general, these were not achieved.  However, the no fast food is on the list for 2016, for me at least.  So Starbucks will be my drive-thru lapse/treat.  And the saving money bit!  Well, I have done better at paying bills (my credit rating, still dismal, is at least coming up).

I want to read 100 books in 2015 and receive 100 postcards via Postcrossing.

Actually, I hit 150 books!  But Postcrossing wasn't achieved.  I received 34 postcards.  I was doing well until we got ready to move and then I 'lapsed'.  So will be gearing up again in 2016.

There are 4 main areas I am going to track daily (I hope):
  • did I take my vitamins
  • how much did I write
  • how much did I walk
  • How much water did I drink

I did do pretty well in tracking these areas.  However, I do need to drink more water and write more.  A couple of my friends have FitBits now and we are consistently urging each other along.  And I did participate and finish a 5K this year!  And I need to definitely write more!

I would like to get my sewing machine out and at least finish up a couple of sewing projects.  There will be more hiking and biking going on.

I did manage to get more sewing done this past year and have several quilt tops awaiting finishing.  Don't know if I am going to try and quilt them myself or send them out to be quilted, which would cost money.  So am thinking on this one.  Hiking/biking was a bit of a fail.  I didn't get out near as much as I wanted to.  Did manage to make it to Yellowstone for a day hike/hot springs soak.  No biking as I don't have a bike yet.  But I do have a kayak!  So a paddle is in the budget and when weather starts permitting, will be relying on a friend to show me the ropes and get a lot of paddling in during 2016.

What did happen in 2015?
  • Savvy and CJ bought a house and we now don't have to pay rent (well, technically I still do) and we don't have to worry about moving anytime in the next few years.
  • Texter started school for her nursing degree.  So far, in her pre-nursing classes, she is making almost all A's (only one B so far).  Proud of her!
  • Savvy changed jobs and will be working a little less hectic schedule.  So more time for her to relax and for her and CJ to get out and enjoy socializing.
  • Won a kayak!  Or rather Texter won the kayak and gave it to me because I had been saying all along it was MY kayak.  Now for a paddle and warm weather!
Looking back on my pictures I had used in my blog over the past year to make the collage, it brought home to me how blessed I truly am and how life is only getting better year by year.  2016 should be amazing!






Comments

Popular Posts