This is MY Reality...


I have a new morning ritual these days. 

Well, actually, it is almost an overnight ritual.

You see, it's F***ing hot here! 

When your phone flashes "excessive heat warning", it's hot!

And guess what!

Most of Montana is without air conditioning. Central air is almost nonexistent.

But it does cool down. At night. About 2 a.m.

So I get up and open up the windows to let in the cool air. 

And then about 10 a.m. I go back around and close them, turning on the window unit we have. And all the fans. And close all the curtains.

This is after I have moved water sprinklers around the yard for some water. Like watering the HUGE spruce at the corner of the lot. As in a 100 plus year old spruce tree.

This makes my lack of energy and progress a bit more understandable.

So today, it's a trip (maybe) to the swimming pool with Savvy and Lady K while Texter is working her convention. 

Then more TV time knitting or working on my Batman blocks. I am staying caught up on the Almond Country Beauty blocks themselves and have the Batman blocks ready to go together after I piece 3 more curves with spikes.

So off for more coffee and today's stage of the Tour de France.

Comments

  1. A trip to the swimming pool is definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I thought Seattle's heat wave was bad (we, too, lack central air or any kind of cooling down ability)- at least it starts cooling down before midnight. I'm so sorry! And I hope this heat wave goes away. Like, now. On the plus side, your quilt sunburst thing is just getting more and more gorgeous. Well done, you! And I hope you're able to get comfy soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts