Sewing "Room"


This is my 'sewing room'.

It's a fold-up table from Costco, identical to my 'desk' which is on another wall. 

It is also in the living room. 

From here I can maintain an eye on Lady K and control her TV channels, going outside, painting and coloring, and playing in this room or our bedroom.

I call it 'controlled chaos'. 

But it has been very productive so far for me. 

I am actually chugging right along on several projects, marking steps off in my planner and getting fabric from the 'off the bolt' stage to 'ready to be quilted' stage. 

The computer streams Netflix or YouTube videos, depending on my mood of the moment.

BUT DON'T TOUCH THINGS ON MY TABLE!!!

It might look like a mess, but I know where things are and in what stage of completion they are in.

Right now, the main project is making a S***-ton of points to finish off my Almond Country Beauty Quilt before I start on an equal amount of points to finish off the Batman Quilt. It's a bit boring, so I have a stack of mug mats cut and set up for sewing when I need a change of pace.

So while I am stitching away, I am thinking about which project will be pulled out next to finish up. My goal over the next few months is to get as many of my projects from the 'fabric' stage to as close to completed at possible. It will be easy to move a stack of completed tops than it would be a few bins of fabric.

Of course, completely finished quilts would be better.

Comments

Popular Posts