Block by Block


Slowly I am making my way through the blocks of the Joy quilt. When I first looked at this block, I didn't really 'get it' and worried about how to create it since I had missed the class.

Then I realized I needed to 'break it down' into it's parts and then it was pretty simple!

The only change I made to the block was the orange with the grey triangle. The orange is suppose to be on long strip on either side of the triangle. But if I do the 'quick and easy' flying geese construction I can't do the long pieces. But chopping that strip up doesn't bother me in the least.

I have one more block similar to this, just fabrics in different places and then comes my really big 'problem' square which I will sit down when everyone is at school next week and puzzle out.

Hopefully, I will be sewing the whole top together in the next few days/weeks. Then another top crossed off my list!

In the meantime, with the cold, rainy weather we have had for the past couple of days, I just HAD to start a new knitting project which will hopefully turn out to be gifts for some friends. Will have to see how it goes. New shows are starting on TV the end of the month, so hopefully a lot of prime knitting time coming up. (I record them and watch during the day when everyone is gone and my attention isn't needed elsewhere.)


Comments

  1. wonderful description of the process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts