Week in Review - September 17 - 23

Well, we did it. We achieved snow on Friday!

Not that it stayed on the ground, but there were flurries of snow all day on Friday. 

Which meant I curled up and started this...



It's a C2C, or Corner to Corner for non-crocheters. I have been wanting to do one for some time now and started this one as a gift for a friend out of scraps of yarn. And in the spirit of decluttering, took two grocery bags of bits and bobs and yarn I know I won't use to 'school' for crafts. 

Anyway, I am loving this afghan and don't know if I will be able to give it up. Talked a crocheting friend into trying this pattern out and she is making one for her son (I think that's who she's making it for) and also loves this pattern.  It's simple, with just enough complexity to not be boring.




I was chugging along nicely on the Joy quilt and got two sets of blocks figured out and finished. Then I got to Block 4, which is actually about 6 different blocks in one step. I got Block A figured out and then crashed and burned on Block B. So I decided I needed to step away from the quilt for a bit. But I didn't realize I had cut the light blue fabric so well to have the raccoons show up like they do, so that's a plus on a difficult step.


Made some fruit infused simple syrups after my class at Gulch Distillers on the 16th. Texter has fallen in love with Starbuck's Strawberry Infused Green Tea, so we created our own. The lemon and peach simple syrups are for me!


Found a new friend outside while letting the dogs do their thing. We have an apple tree in the back and I found him looking at me.


And speaking of apples, I made 5 dozen apple roses for the Jensen Jewelers Diamond Event on Saturday. Not difficult, but a bit fiddly. They were pretty though.

So when I wasn't throwing up my hands over quilting or sitting and crocheting, I made up this...


Yep, I created a move binder. I brainstormed on things which I knew needed to get done, purchased, purged, packed and tossed over the next few months. And luckily, since we thought I was going to have to drive a U-haul back to North Carolina while Texter drove the car, there is a company which services Helena that does a 'u-pack-it' service. And for about the same cost as renting a truck and driving myself (and a lot less headaches).

Please, no hate on the fish sticker. I LOVE Montana. I could stay here in a heartbeat. But I also happen to think this series of stickers is funny and have a few different ones. I want a couple of their t-shirts too!

Otherwise this past week...
  • Enjoyed several cold, rainy days
  • Rearranged my plant window
  • Finished 1 book
  • Nursed an aching wrist (too long at the computer with my wrist resting on the edge of the desk)

For the coming week...
  • Possible trip to Billings for a fiber festival (Saturday) which means a trip to the mall there too
  • Star Trek Discovery starts!
  • Couple of batches of brownies for a friend's birthday Monday (Texter's study buddy)
  • Babysitting while Texter does the NAMI walk. We would all be babysitting, but it's picture day at soccer, so I'm taking Lady K to soccer while mom is walking. 
  • Monthly 'what's new' at The Sewing Palace
  • Figure out Block B on Block #4 on the Joy quilt and move along
  • Watch the opening shows of several programs starting this week on TV while crocheting

But in the meantime, going for my next cup of coffee.

Comments

  1. Is snow usual for late September?! Wowzers.

    The crochet stitch is adorable. And yay for organizing binders (and hilarious stickers). :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts