Week In Review - December 10 - 16

Hectic weeks, well at least to me they have been hectic. Finals for Texter are over for the semester and she is realizing she only has one semester left. 

We have realized we are only 5 months away from moving and will have to find a place to rent in Charlotte and a job for Texter. Packing, purging, and all of 'that stuff'. On one hand we are all excited. On the other, sad we are leaving.

However, lots going on in the meantime.


We checked out a couple of reindeer yesterday. I have to say I thought reindeer where larger. Maybe I'm confusing them with caribou. We also drove out after dark to view the Vukonich Family Lights.
It's about 30 minutes of lights and music and really, really fun. Lady K enjoyed it as we parked in front of the house and watched the lights.

And a pre-Christmas treat which we are stretching out...

Country Ham!


I couldn't stand it any longer and ordered a gift box from Goodnight Brothers in North Carolina.  Needless to say, there was a lot of moaning and groaning in pleasure as we have chowed down on one and a half of the four packages of ham. One will be used on Christmas morning for breakfast!

Since we are now under 5 months until our departure from Montana (and based on the state of my desk area), I decided Saturday morning, instead of sewing, I would clean up my desk area and file boxes.

This is what it looked like as I started...


Piles to keep...


Down to one file box, instead of two and a half (not finished putting files back in box yet in that picture).


And the state of my desk as all of this was going on!

I found a stash of NaNoWriMo postcards, bookmarks, and stickers which I sent out to members of a Facebook group I belong to. There is a stack of construction paper and drawing paper going to daycare for their art projects.

I still have some more sorting and purging to go, but it has been pared down quite a bit already. Next will be the closet in my bedroom. It's not big, but things have just been stored in there over the past year and it needs some cleaning out.


Lady K has an 'advent calendar of gifts' she has been opening. They are all a pair of socks and some Shopkins. In case you don't know, Shopkins are tiny figures coming in everything from vegetables to pets to everyday objects.

Lady K loves them! And plays for hours with them, sorting and talking to them and making up stories with them. However, when she saw the sewing machine she gave them to me because 'Grandma, you like to sew'. They are now taking up a place of honor with Buddha on top of the fish tank.

Otherwise this week...

  • Attended the Helena Symphony 'Christmas in the Cathedral' to hear Handel's Messiah...magnificent!
  • Another craft day at daycare - popsicle stick Christmas trees with plenty of glitter glue and stick on jewels
  • Cut out Clue 4 on the On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt
  • Finished 4 books
  • Started working on my 2018 'planning and goal setting'


The coming week...

  • Pick up ornaments from Free Ceramics (we forget to get them Saturday)
  • Finish up desk area
  • Sew on Mystery Quilt clues for Weeks 3 and 4 and trim 2 - 4 blocks
  • Attend the Christmas Program at daycare
  • Last craft day at daycare
  • Work on 2018 plans and goals
  • Finish up Corner-2-Corner afghan while binge watching TV

And staying warm! 

Temperatures are set to drop here in the coming week into the single digits as a high.

But for now, off for more coffee.





Comments

Popular Posts