Positive Focus Sunday - You Don't Have to Love It...

to like parts of it.

What am I referring to?

Author Olivie Blake has taken the fantasy realm by storm. She is the author of, among other things, Atlas Six and Masters of Death. Booktubers have raved over her books. I have to say I have read the books. Well, kind of, I did abandon Masters of Death

It's not that it was a bad book. It just was going too slow for me. I like the premise of the story. But they keep going around and around in circles and I wasn't up for it. Let's get to the point!

Now a bit of an aside.

Autumn is my favorite season. I love fall. And for decades I have always marveled at how the light changes from summer into fall. The weather could still be a bit warm, but the nights are dipping down into light jacket weather. But it's the whole feel and mood, blending together like a cup of hot apple cider.

How does the two go together.

In Masters of Death, there is a description of an angel (and not your typical halo wearing, clad in white angel). It really struck a cord with me.




I loved that! 

To me, it is the feeling a fall afternoon leaves me feeling. 

I didn't finish the book, but reading what I did was worth the one paragraph. 




Comments

Popular Posts