Wednesday Writing - Preptober Week 2



I'm feeling pretty good about my Preptober progress to date. I have 16 'scenes' down which involve 4 murders, 2 threats and 1 attempt. Each of the scenes will be expanded to be 2-3 chapters when writing. I have a fairly good idea of the start of the book and the end. The middle will be a bit more fluid or flexible at the present time. But it gets me a really good start, even if I don't do any other plotting on the story.

This week I need to set up my character sheets and actually name all the characters I have in mind at the present time. I will probably come up with extra names, so that when I need a new character I have a name figured out already. 

What I am thinking is the wall over my desk is bare at the present time. I think I will storyboard my plot and tape it to the wall during NaNoWriMo. Or at least 2-3 scenes at a time as I write. I might also make up avatars for my characters and tape them to the wall too. 

I still have some work to do in the two workbooks I want to get through before the end of the month. And setting up files on my computer. But I am buzzing along nicely. 

One thing I am trying to do is to set up a routine, or ritual, for sitting down and writing. Things like turn on background sounds on my computer, lighting a candle and/or incense and having something to drink on hand - coffee in the morning and water or tea in the afternoon/evening. 

Anyway, I am pleased with the way things are going. I know when November rolls around I will be ready and able to write at least 50,000 words toward the novel. I would really, really love it if I could hit 60,000 during that time period. 

I am trying to be realistic. Mainly because I have a TON of gardening to get through over the next few months while the weather is pleasant. However, murder is fun too!

 

Comments

Popular Posts