Seedy Saturday - Looking Good!




This is one of the 3 trays in the mini-greenhouse. Almost everything is up and growing well. I am especially excited about the dahlias. Plus, I am now wanting to start more onions. I have a couple more weeks of these seedlings being in the greenhouse. Then they come out and new seedlings go in. I do have a tray I need to start today or tomorrow for the Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society annual plant sale. I going to grow bronze fennel, Mexican tarragon and borage for the sale. 

The question has arisen 'do you have room for all these plants?'

Yes and no. 

Yes, my yard is still a fairly blank canvas from what I want it to be. But it's coming along. So I do have a lot of room. However, I have two plant sales for two organizations coming up - one in late April and the other early May. I want to contribute plants to both sales. Therefore, more seedlings than a normal person should be starting. And February starts my veggie seed sowing - lots of tomatoes!

 


This is to show you don't have to have the 'prettiest' set-up. I'm calling it my Seed Spaceship! I added the fan for some circulation. The top shelf got leggy pretty fast, but I am hoping they still do well, especially since the far right seeds are my anise plants. 

On the very bottom are some 4 inch pots with things that take longer to germinate. And one of the cats 'who shall remain nameless' took a stroll through them yesterday afternoon. Now I have to figure out how much damage has been wrought!

So a little seed sowing later today for the sale. And figuring out where I am going to put 3 trays of seedlings in a couple of weeks to make room for the next round of sowing (which will be larger!).

Comments

Popular Posts