Week(s) in Review - January 8 - 21, 2023



The past couple of weeks started out with a bang. Or rather I caused a bang when I slipped on some water at work and almost took out Foxy along with me. Luckily, the only thing really injured was my pride, especially since it was captured on security video at the store. It was actually karma biting me in the butt as I had just messed around with the to-go cart as a joke. So embarrassing. 

I picked up Lady K early that week as she was out of school for a long weekend. Unfortunately, the 's' word came into our forecast and we didn't keep her the extra day after all. But we have another chance next week. 

The writing workshop at the library is a lot of fun. I wish it were running longer than 4 weeks. And publishing a piece I wrote online has reconnected me in a way to cousins I haven't seen or heard from in probably 40 years! That is so wild to me and I hope it goes further. 

But the past week I have spent mulling over things I have been learning in an online class about designing and publishing my own planner. Which ties in with my thoughts on starting a YouTube channel.  More to come on that front. 

Because Foxy was upstairs, moving things around in her area, I had to follow suit. Actually, while my roll top desk is great for holding my computer and all the stationary stuff, it isn't big enough if I have to spread out notebooks and papers and write and draw. So a bit of moving things around in my bedroom/office happened. I really like the results. 

Anyway...

A big highlight of the past couple of weeks was getting my official certification as an Extension Master Gardener! I take it as permission to sow more seeds. 

Of course, a bigger highlight was attending an archery tournament for Lady K. We are ready for the zombie apocalypse now! 

This coming week...

  • Start an online course for one of my projects
  • Write out the scenes for 7 Deadly Murders bouncing around in my head
  • Attend two writing workshops
  • Research on how to start a YouTube channel
  • Pick up Lady K for a long weekend
  • Attempt to clean house!

But for now, it's off to work. Luckily, since Foxy is also working today, it won't be a long day at work (4 hours versus 6 or 7). 


 

Comments

Popular Posts