Food and Fiber Friday - Edible Landscaping

As many might know, I am planting all kinds of fruits, vegetables and herbs in my yard. ALL OVER MY YARD! 

The trees I am planting are all fruit trees. My newly grown dahlia seedlings will go in with the veggie garden. I have herbs mixed in everywhere. 

But if you need some guidance on turning your own yard into a more versatile garden, check out this book by Gary Pilarchik of The Rusted Garden, Growing An Edible Landscape.




This is a slow read from me as there is a lot of interesting information packed into this book. 

One thing I really like is how he doesn't assume you have an unlimited budget to spend on your garden. There are a lot of ideas for reusing and repurposing items. LOTS and lots of pictures help tremendously. 

Plus there are several charts on everything from plants to put in a tea garden to planting times, with helpful information about the plants themselves. 

This is going to be a book which will be on my garden reference shelf for a long time to come. 


Comments

Popular Posts