Positive Focus Sunday - Life is Positively 'blooming'!



Regular posts have fallen by the wayside for a bit. Between the 'big project' and 'big garden plans', any time at the computer is spent focusing on other things. 

What is joyful and exciting is taking that moment to wander in the yard, ignoring the THOUSANDS of garden chores I need to do, and focusing on the little things starting to emerge. 

Some of the things happening in the garden, despite the cool and rainy weather -

  • The first of the tulips is opening up and more all over the yard
  • The peach trees are almost ready to open up their buds
  • The little Nanking Cherry tree is covered in buds
  • Asparagus is sending up shoots
  • The two fennel I planted out last year and which did nothing, is regrowing
  • The Creme de Cassis Hollyhock is getting bigger and bigger
  • Elderberry plants are starting to send up a massive amount of leaves
  • Every time I left up a pot or more something which has been sitting on the ground, there are tons of earthworms underneath
  • The little hydrangea is putting on leaves
  • I've spotted my bluebird eyeing the birdhouse this past week
  • Poppies in one bed are starting to emerge
  • My two comfrey plants are starting to emerge (and I want to move them somewhere else since they get so huge where they are now)
  • Peonies are starting to send up their red shoots - all except Sarah Bernhardt Peony - she's such a diva
  • Swiss chard and kale overwintered nicely
  • Rhubarb is starting to growing


Of course I will not mention I have a list 10 times longer of things which I need to be doing in the garden, but for now, I am pleased with what the garden is doing on her own without my help. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts