Shoalwater Shawl on Sunday Morning

I have started the Shoalwater Shawl by FiberTrends. I am using a Koigu KPPM blue and purple colorway which is to die for (in my opinion). I have had the pattern and yarn for 2-3 years now, but never got started on it successfully. I tried starting it several times and it just never clicked, so I put it up.

In my effort of clean out the stash, I pulled it back out and this time it "clicked" and I am knitting away. This is a week's worth of on and off knitting. There is only 1 row out of 4 which has any real pattern to it, the other 3 rows are just knitting so it goes along nicely with minimal attention needed.


Here is a closeup of the yarn. I can't wait until it is finished and I get to block it out. This is my first lace shawl and I have 2 other ones in "storage" to work on when this one is complete.







But if I wasn't knitting on this Sunday morning, then I would like to be this cat. Blaze is 10 years old and 16 pounds, the oldest of 2 brothers from a litter from an "unwed mother" we took in. Life's tough, but someone has to be the cat.










Comments

Popular Posts