Afghan in Progress

One of the things I wanted to do during my long vacation period was to do a ‘Lost’ Marathon.  Gibbs  (Texter’s boyfriend and a Marine, hence the Gibbs nickname) has all 6 seasons on DVD.  I had started the show when it was on TV, but got behind during the second season.  This was one show I had to be anal about and watched from start to finish or it just got too weird to follow.

Anyway, my plan is to relax, do a few things around the house, get a good start on next semester’s schooling and watch ‘Lost’.  And since I can’t just sit and watch TV, I am using up the rest of my scrap yarn and creating an afghan.

PC230009  The pattern I got out of a recent knitting magazine.  I am going to have to say I am really bad in that I copied down the basic instructions and forgot to list the magazine I got it from.  But if you have knitted washcloths in the past, this is the basic idea.  Start with 2 stitches, increase to 40 and then decrease to 2, changing colors at the 40 stitch marker.  Yes, there are a lot of long tails on these squares, but I am going to have to join them together and it seemed leaving long tails would make it easier.

Currently, I have 12 done.  PC230010  The fun is going to be once I have all these squares done, flipping and turning to see if I just want it really random or to make some sort of pattern.  I figured to make a decent size afghan I need 36 more squares.  Then in the middle of the night I had this idea of making half squares (ok, triangles) to go around the edge.

This square has the advantage of being a no brainer to knit.  So I can definitely pick up and put down at will and while knitting don’t have to remember any complicated pattern.  Also has the advantage of being able to use little bits and pieces.  Between my scarf (which I will take some pictures of today, I promise) and this afghan, but scrap bag will be down to nothing.

Comments

  1. This is going to be awesome!
    What mag ? Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts