Saturday, with her arm in a sling and on muscle relaxers, Texter, Lady K and I loaded up for a trip to Freezeout Lake. It was a bit chilly and the wind was blowing like crazy when we got there. Thousands of snow geese were there and several dozen cars full of bird watchers. Some Canada geese, plovers, couple of hawks and a few ducks too far away to id were also there.
We came home to do this...
Texter's friend, Tommy, breeds Brittany Spaniels and at five weeks, they were ready to get out and start experiencing life. And what more life can a young puppy experience but a three year old.
I can happily report a 3 year old does not stop puppy naps and being handled and petted didn't faze them a bit. Those are some mellow pups.
And NO! The next pet in this household will be one I pick out since I am the one feeding and tending 3 cats and 2 dogs (and 1 toddler) and none of them are mine.
So this past week also included -
- making 'bread-cats'
- Starting a quick scarf from the sari yarn I got on a swap
- Picking up yarn and starting my Knit and Swirl Sweater
- Partially finishing my RSC16 blocks for March
- Finishing up my Bee Hive block for March and getting it ready for the mail (where are those darn stamps?)
- Walked 54,800 steps or 78% of goal
- Finished 3 books
- Wrote 4 posts
- Helped Texter get the rest of the materials needed for her Harley Quinn costume (still need grommets)
A lot of this week has been spent returning to the doctor (yet again) to try and figure out why I can't get rid of this cough/sore throat/fatigue. So tired of being tired.
This coming week...
LADY K WILL BE THREE YEARS OLD!
A strawberry cake is in the works for the celebration.
- Start work on Harley Quinn (Tuesday's Day-Off-All-By-Myself Project)
- Polish Seedcrone or at least 10 pages for submission to Miscon
- Work on Knit/Swirl sweater
- Taking it easier than I have been over the past few weeks
So off to clean up the kitchen and start a load of laundry and then settling back for some TV viewing and knitting and/or sewing.