Week In Review - July 12 - 19


This is how I'm feeling this morning.  I just want to stretch out somewhere warm and comfy.  Sherlock has discovered my desk in the afternoons now that I have put Grace (lemon tree) and George (banana tree) outside in larger pots for the summer.  Or maybe it's summer.  It still gets chilly in the evenings and I am sitting at my desk with the small heater under it, blowing nice warm air on my legs.

The most noteworthy thing all week was our road trip on a big loop around a bit of Montana.  The local quilt shops were doing a quilt shop hop and since Savvy was off on my day off, we piled in the car with a picnic lunch and headed out.  It was about a 200 mile circle and half of it was done in the rain.  But it wasn't the rain which stopped our picnic lunch.  It was the discovery of a Kentucky Fried Chicken/A&W Rootbeer in Whitehall, Montana.  We quickly pulled over for a lunch of crispy fried chicken and moaned and groaned over it like we hadn't eaten in ages.  I 'discovered' three new quilt stores, all of which I plan to revisit.  I purchased 3 fat quarters in 1930's reproduction fabrics to complete my Bee Hive blocks this month.  I also picked up a yard of fabric for a lap quilt I am making for a friend.  Texter picked up a panel of a road map town for Lady K to play with and a yard of cute dinosaur fabric to make something for her.  So more 'projects' on my to-do list.


Not a great picture (because I was too lazy to get up and take a better one).  Now I just need to sew the blocks together.  I always make two and send out the better one.  In this case it really works as one of the blocks got 'spots' from the iron on it.

What else this week...

  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Walked 55,190 steps or 79% of goal  (I have to step it up because two co-workers are busting my chops)
  • Finished two books
  • Cleaned off the sewing table so I could get back to sewing again
  • Took in three large bags of lettuce to work for friends
  • Sent off a letter to my French penpal
  • Put in for an expanded hours position at work (keeping fingers crossed and trying to manifest the extra hours in my life)
  • Mowed the yard and cleaned up under the carport a bit
  • A bit more walking with Texter and Lady K, geocaching as we go


This is our new friend we found on one walk around the neighborhood.  The wings are lovely, but moth bodies are large and 'hairy' and a bit scary.  But she was getting ready to lay eggs.  In fact, when we put her up in the tree, she immediately laid an egg.

For the coming week...

  • Ask a neighbor for clippings off their yellow rose bush to see if I can root them for our yard
  • Garden update and a lot of weeding at the community garden
  • Plant beans in both gardens
  • Finish up and mail the Bee Hive block
  • Work on Harley Quinn costume
  • Staff Meeting on Tuesday
  • Get to moving more on my Couch to 5K goal

But for right now, it's more coffee in the system.

Comments

Popular Posts