Week In Review - December 3 - 10

The week was going on relatively well until this happened...


Snow! We achieved our first 'real' snowfall here in Helena. Luckily, it was on my day off and Texter didn't have school that day, so we were all going to stay home. And I had a long list of 'stuff' I wanted to accomplish.

So about 5 a.m. I go to the car to get the sack of kitty litter out of it so I could clean the litter box and put the trash can out for the pick up that morning.

Note: When temperatures drop to below zero, the hydraulic 'thingy' which holds the back cargo door open on the station wagon, fails. Thus, when you lift the huge, heavy door and let go (like normal), it crashes down with some considerable force on top of your wee, little head. This generates stars, birds and lack of being able to breathe or cry, it hurts so bad.

I made it off my knees and back into the house, grabbing an ice pack out of the freezer on the way to my desk, where I sat, ice pack on head, trying not to cry and scream. People where still sleeping.

Needless to say, I managed to give myself a concussion (damn cats!) and spent the week with major headaches (for a couple of days), ringing ears, stiff neck, fatigue, lack of appetite, and nausea. And a doctor who is still alive despite telling me 'at your age...' it will take longer to heal. At my age, I bet I could still run over him with a car!

Therefore, most of my week was spent 'veggie' and watching 'Suspects' while crocheting a bit, starting a sock and then ripping it out because I didn't like the yellow/gold color I picked. And napping. 

Yesterday was cookie day (to be follow by cookie finish up today). So far, I have made:

Failed Peanut Butter Blossoms (don't use the recipe calling for butter, use shortening recipe)

Today will be spent remaking the Peanut Butter Blossoms and some Coconut Macaroons.  Then this afternoon, I will make up 4 trays of cookies, one for Texter to school, one for Savvy to work and two for a cookie exchange this evening with friends. 

Otherwise, this week...

  • Finished 3 books
  • Walked on 37% of my steps
  • Wrote 8 posts

Oh, and the really BIG event this past week...


Breakfast with Santa!

And what a difference a year will make. She wasn't crying and afraid to get next to Santa this year. She is all grown up!


This year Savvy was off work and could come with us for our pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon breakfast.

So off for more cookies and coffee and to finish up a "bun" hat. And I have requests for baby diapers and pants with my 'yellow fabric, not the red, yellow, because baby likes yellow...and blue' to cover the bottom half of a baby doll and frog.


Notes: On the chocolate crinkle cookies, they suggested blending some Earl Grey tea or Chai tea in the confectioners sugar. I did a dozen with Earl Grey and Savvy and her work group devoured them. Ina Garten's Lemon Curd..well, I'm sitting in the corner and eating it by the spoonful.

SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts