Fabric and Fiber Friday - Febrary 2

Say that 10 times fast..."Fabric and Fiber Friday, February"

Nope, beyond me this morning!

With fabric, I boxed up On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt. Just didn't feel the love of sewing up all those little pieces at this point in time.

However, I did pull out some fabrics to make a couple of journal covers for my Five Year Hobonichi Journal.

For Christmas, I bought Texter and me one of these little 5-year journals. We both love them and I like entering a little something each day. It will be fun in the coming years to see what was going on a year earlier or 4 years earlier. I will admit some of my January entries have been 'it snowed...again', but I am really enjoying it.

However, the journals remind me of 'bible covers'. They are a bit flexible and came with a really nice canvas pouch to put them in. However, pulling them in and out of the pouch was a bit of a pain every day.


I have been wanting to make journal covers for some time now and just not for this particular journal. For Texter, I pulled a couple of fat quarters with foxes. The outside of her journal is a yummy flannel. For mine, I pulled some Tula Pink fat quarters I have been hoarding.


There are lots of tutorials on making journal covers, but I used Slightly Mad Quilt Lady's tutorial for how to make one. I added a piece of large ric-rac as a page marker on mine. Doing these two makes me want to make more and I have a couple of changes I will make on the future ones.



On mine, I cut out one of the birds and fused it to the top of the cover. So now my journal sits on top of my desk and I love making a note or two in it each day. Texter likes her's too.


Then one day I got a wild hair and decided I needed to make this Valentine Owl. It was a hit with Lady K, who then stated she needed a baby owl.


An hour or so later and I had this baby owl. Thank goodness for Ravelry for the ability to find patterns quickly and easily.

As far as Charlotte Dream's is concerned, I finished up another block except for the last two border rows.


I will probably finish those two rows up today while watching episodes of 'Turn-Washington's Spies'.

I have also taken over Texter's cross stitch projects. They are much simpler than the one I have to work on.


A little kit she bought which is a fox. Then I will move onto a fox sampler she has kitted up. While working on Aida fabric is not my favorite, it is bringing back memories of many years of cross stitching and I am loving it.

But for now, it's taking people to school and work and then more coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts