Week in Review - February 18 - 24

Whew!

Late posting this today, but it's a case of trying to do 10 things at one time. The main item is moving 'stuff' from my desktop over to an external hard drive. I have pretty much maxed out my dear Mac's storage (it's an older model, but still runs fantastic, fire and all). 

However, when you are having to transfer 24,000 pictures a 'bunch' at a time, it slows down the computer.

Therefore, I am cleaning up my room, doing laundry and listening to my YouTube videos on my watch later list while doing so.

But it's been a fun week and I think I am shaking off the winter doldrums after the past few days! Thank goodness. Not that the snow and cold have disappeared (waiting for the other shoe to drop there), but just feeling a bit more 'up' and energetic. Maybe I'm coming out of hibernation?

Two or three big things this week.


This first was meeting up with friends to celebrate a birthday. And as it happens, her birthday is the same day as Texter's Divorce-aversary. So a chance to eat out (rather than chicken nuggets at the drive through) and have some great conversation with friends.

Second fun thing was a chance to hang with Savvy for the day.

It's not often we have days off and nothing planned for either of us to mesh and she hasn't been anywhere in, well, months.


Also, I needed some John James needles for cross stitch. If you stitch, you understand. The drive was ok until we got close to our destination. Then the wind was terrible and the snow was blowing across the road like fog in a horror movie. Really interesting.

Then Saturday, Texter, Lady K and I headed in the other direction to hit the bookstores and Krispy Kreme. While we were there we were charged to stop at Bernice's Bakery for butterhorns. And across from Bernice's was a fairly new store, Noteworthy!

It's a stationary and printing store and hit all the right buttons for Texter and I. I should have taken pictures, but we were so excited about being there (and it was starting to snow) I didn't. But we will be returning before we depart Montana.

As far as Bernice's is concerned - butterhorns versus Krispy Kreme? I have to say of the two, I still prefer the donuts. Krispy Kreme is not my favorite donut. Too sweet and heavily glazed for me, the Sugar Queen. I prefer a 'Southern Maid' donut, warm from the cooker. I thought the butterhorn was a bit heavy and almost stale. The texture wasn't appealing to me. More like a rolled up coffee cake left out.

But in all fairness, I will have to return and try again!

Otherwise this week:

  • Fabric haul from Goodwill
  • Lots of little car maintenance in preparation for the drive back to North Carolina
  • Asked to be a beta reader for an author
  • Finished 6 books
  • Worked on the octopus hat and the Coffee Shop Wrap
  • Mailed out 1 letter

The coming week:

  • Unstaple fabric samples and start planning what I want to do with it all
  • Finish up the Octopus Hat
  • READ!
  • Write 9 more letters so I have my 28 for the month for InCoWriMo
  • Mail out a couple of parcels to friends
  • Look into a carrier for the minivan
  • Get a spare key for the van

But for now it's time to swap out the washer and dryer and finish up on my room!


Comments

Popular Posts