Week in Review - February 4 - 10

It's been an up and down week. In more than one way. 

I am blaming all of the 'dissatisfaction' I am feeling on this...


Yep, SNOW!

The first part of the week saw warmer temperatures and part of the many inches of snow we have accumulated over the winter so far had been disappearing.

Then came Thursday/Friday. Helena canceled school on Friday in anticipation of a snowstorm. That never happens!

Texter and I stocked up on 'supplies'. 

I was set to watch the Olympics and work on this...


While it looks odd now, it will become more 'odd'.


By The Twisted Hatter, I had bookmarked this pattern for Savvy at a later date. But Ms. Publicity at the library is the chairwoman of the silent auction for the St. Baldrick's Day events in Montana City this April. 

She put out a call for donations and I said 'what about this?' and she said 'YES!' 

And then to really get crazy and because this one is going so fast, I said I would also do this pattern which I got at the same time.


I will give you three tries to guess who is watching me closely these days and has put in a demand request for one...with a 'teal' bow.

So other projects are set to one side while I make three funky hats! Well, four, if you count the original request by Savvy for an octopus hat in purple.

Saturday we went out and wandered through the 'Feb Fest' at the Civic Center - or castle, if you ask Lady K.


Lots of vendors and I went with the purpose of buying these...


Macarons!

There was a dozen when I purchased the box, but, well, they quickly were 'attacked'. Actually, she makes an Earl Grey/Lavender one which is what I went for. But she didn't have any of those there and they were already prepacked for the event.

But I have Macaron Mania's information and put my name in for an alert when she makes them again. 

I got a bit of a surprise because I didn't know this about Savvy's manager/friend. I knew she knitted, but I didn't know she was Knaturl Knitwear


The items she had were as classy as she is. The most adorable owls and hedgehogs out of large pompoms. And a variety of knitted wear. Classy, classy, classy. No octopus hats in her booth! Texter had her eye on some 'succulents' she had knitted in bowls. 

But Saturday evening was spent attempting to crochet octopus tentacles, while Lady K wanted to be entertained.


While "Grandma" doesn't like having her picture taken, Lady K has no such inhibitions. We went through several filters on the phone before she tired of it and went back to playing with her toys.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished two books
  • Mailed out 8 letters for InCoWriMo
  • Watched the Olympics

This coming week...

  • More Olympic watching and crocheting
  • Trying to get my 1099 form so I can file my taxes
  • Valentine's Day Party at daycare
  • Shoveling more snow

But for now I need to figure out what to have with the bacon I cooked for breakfast (and more coffee).

Comments

Popular Posts