Week In Review - January 28 - February 3

Not feeling the self-love this Sunday morning. I have had a 'strain' between my shoulder blades for the past three days now. It sucks. I know it is probably from sitting at my desk and cross stitching for long periods of time, but it sucks! However, a mainstay of my youth seems to be helping - Midol! After all, it's a muscle relaxer!

It also sucks that the 50-degree weather we had for a couple days which decreased the layers of snow and ice has been replaced by about a foot of new snow overnight. Sigh...

But...


It's hard to see in the above photograph, but I did watch the Super Blood Blue Moon Lunar Eclipse Wednesday morning. It was really cool to watch it turn red as the eclipse progressed.


I finished the second block for the Charlotte's Dream Afghan. Block three will be started this week. I also took over cross stitching on Texter's projects since she is busy with school. They are easier than the one I am working on and I can make progress faster. I think it is also the reason I have back issues. Sitting at my desk and stitching for hours isn't the easiest on my back!

With the Olympics starting next week AND the fact I have fallen in love with this yarn and it matched up with a project I have been wanting to do for ages, I started a new project (I know, stupid of me!)

This is the Coffee Shop Wrap by Lion Brand Yarns and I have wanted to make it for ages. I love the colors and the drape of the wrap. I tried starting it with regular worsted weight yarn, but it didn't have the soft look of the picture.

I couldn't find the cotton yarn needed for the wrap and I didn't want to buy the kit for it. Then I found this yarn at Joann Fabrics and it was on sale!


It is so soft! And drapes like a dream. While it is 100% acrylic, it feels like a really soft cotton yarn. I bought all 6 colors and while I needed an ecru for the original pattern, I was going to use the light blue instead. Texter, however, when asked, said to ditch the light blue and go with both of the other two blue shades. We will see.

I was originally going to cast on the first day of the Olympics, but failed there and cast on Saturday afternoon.  The pattern is super easy (so far) and I am loving the feel of the yarn. Plus, I was sitting in the recliner to give my back a rest. Love, Love, Loving this so far!

Then this past week I realized the Miltonia orchid which I was given about this time last year is sending out some new growth!


There is one shoot on either side. I am hoping, maybe, fingers crossed, one will be a flower spike?

Otherwise this week...

  • PIcked up tickets for this year's Princess Tea Party. This is the third year (and last) Lady K will be attending.
  • Long letter to friend send
  • Made 2 journal covers
  • Meal planning and grocery shopping (after paying bills)
  • Finished 6 books, 3 of which were cookbooks which helped with the meal planning
  • Logged about 3000 words this week on various items

This coming week...

  • Hopefully getting the last of my tax items so I can file my taxes
  • Shovel snow!
  • Start watching the Olympics 
  • Get another Charlotte's Dream block finished
  • Finish up the little fox cross stitch and start on the larger fox sampler
  • Finish up the Coffee Shop Wrap
But for now, I need to figure out on what channel(s) the Olympics will be shown and make another cup of coffee. 






Comments

Popular Posts