Thursday's Positive Focus - Springtime?

As the snow here in Helena is slowly melting with the warmer temperatures, I'm watching the news and yet another snowstorm hitting the East. Plus I am still trying to recover from a hectic Wednesday or getting housing set up in North Carolina. Deposits sent, lease signed, utilities called with start-up dates. Exhausted mentally (it doesn't take much).


But the sun was shining through the window on my plants yesterday. One of my phalaenopsis is opening. Since it is a 'rescue' orchid and I got it to rebloom, it is extra special.


I have 4 more phals with flower spikes in various stages of blooming. At this rate, I will be putting blooming orchids in a box to move to North Carolina.

Also yesterday I found this little guy.


Actually, he is about 5 inches long. It's from my Wils. Pacific Lust 'La Estrella'. I bought it after it had bloomed and now it's ready to go for me. I can't wait as it is a darker purple mottled spray of flowers. 

Another couple of orchids with spikes starting are my cattleya, which was gifted, and a dendrobium I received.



Plus, fingers crossed, I think my Miltonia is putting out a flower spike. Waiting to see. Hopefully, I will get them to open before we leave for North Carolina and I have to put them in a dark box in a moving box for a week. Since orchids are shipped worldwide in boxes all the time, I am hoping a good watering and careful wrapping will allow them to make the 2400 mile trip with a minimal amount of stress.

But for now, my bay window looks great and looks like spring inside even if it isn't spring outside.

Comments

Popular Posts