Week In Review - March 11 - 18

It's snowing this morning - again. 

After a week of temperatures near 40 and melting snow, it's a disappointment. But it is supposed to be warm in the coming week so it won't last long. Still...more snow!

Last Sunday, I took Lady K out of the house to give Texter a chance to do some homework uninterrupted. 

We went to the library for their new monthly craft session. It was succulents in corks magnets!


Don't think they will last long, but it was a cute idea and we had fun playing for an hour.

Then it was across the street to Bridge Pizza, one of Lady K's favorites.


She ate her huge slice and then half of mine! It also looks like she was celebrating St. Patrick's Day a week early.

Also this past week, we have had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.




What's not to like about pausing a moment to look up and take in the skies?

Finished up a quilt top...


...and started another 'dog pillow' for Texter to put in her silent auction for the Capstone Project she is doing with her study buddy. Almost finished with it and then I will do a cat pillow for her.

And then on Friday, it was green cupcakes and Irish Soda Bread for Savvy for another Diamond Event at work.

I haven't made the bread in the past. I used King Arthur Flour's American Irish Soda Bread recipe.


I haven't ever been a fan of the soda bread I have tasted in the past, which is why I never baked any for myself. But this recipe!!!!

When Texter comes out of her room and asks what smells so good, I know I am on the right path. The dough is really wet, so you have to cook it in a loaf pan, but it is really good. Not too sweet, almost a cake-like texture. All I know is after the original two loaves were made and I tasted it, another two loaves had to be made. This is a keeper recipe.

The week ended with a trip with Miss Science Quilter to Whitehall to the Dysfunctional Quilter's annual sale.  OMG!  There will be a separate post coming as soon as I take some pictures of my haul. Tell a quilter there is fabric at $1 a yard and the shop was packed with quilters, both male and female. Talk about cleaning out the store to restock!

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished two books this week

The coming week holds for me...

  • Finish beta read
  • Finish Octopus hat
  • Finish dog and cat pillows
  • Trip to Billings for Lady K's birthday
  • Another class at Gulch Distillers
  • Fit in a viewing of 'A Wrinkle in Time'

In the meantime, it's time for more coffee!





Comments

  1. That succulent craft is adorable! Love it I can Almost smell that soda bread — yum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts