Week in Review - 02 - 08 February

WOW! 

What a week!

In attempting to be more proactive than I have been in the past, I started looking around at my options for a new (used) vehicle. My past few cars have been choices when my other car was belly up and I had to have something to drive. I wanted a bit more flexibility.

And...

Things just happened. In a great way. So now I am the proud driver of a 2017 Subaru Forester. My White Knight. Lady K and Texter, as well as Mr. RaceCar, are suitably impressed. Mr. Arizona went with me to finalize and to OK the deal. Savvy is the only one who hasn't ridden in it yet. But many happy miles are anticipated.



Friday night I loaded up Lady K and brought her to my house for a 'sleepover'. She was excited about the new car and more than happy to be a passenger. She loves it that (1) her window rolls down (it didn't in the van) and (2) my phone connects to the speakers by bluetooth and she can play music through the car speakers. 

Saturday, we got up and headed to pick up Texter and then over to the UNC Botanical Gardens for their 'Chocolate and Ganache in the Garden' and the start of their annual orchid sale. It was much smaller than I thought the gardens and sale would be. But it was impressive. More on our walk through the garden on Tuesday. 


The large neon green plant is now in Texter's home and I came home with six interesting additions to my collection. 

Weather-wise, it has been CRAZY this week. Thursday was warm and filled with thunderstorms and tornadoes. Friday, area schools were cancelled because high winds overnight and during the early morning hours dropped trees and made it dangerous for the buses to operate. Also, the temperatures dropped. 

Saturday morning there was a nice layer of frost on the windshield and then snow flurries in the afternoon on the way home from the plant sale. Weird weather!

For InCoWriMo, I have written 10 letters and received 6 letters or postcards. This brings my total for the month to 16 written and 8 received. Not bad. 

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 6 days
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Finished 4 books

This coming week...

  • Is going to be a doozy! I am learning to close the office so I will have 3 days of 3pm-11pm. Way past my bedtime!
  • Maybe a day road trip to play with my new car.
  • Texter and Mr. RaceCar going away for a weekend while Lady K is with her dad, so I am dog and cat sitting.
  • More letter writing

But for now, more coffee and off to work!

Comments

Popular Posts