Week(s) in Review - February 9 - 22

Yuck! 

It's been two weeks since I did my weekly review. I am blaming it on work. 

Or rather, the first week I was working 'nights'. I was learning the closing process of office duties. This completes the 'circle' in all the office duties. 

While the closing duties are not as paperwork oriented as the opening duties, it means I don't leave the store until a little after 11 p.m. --- way past my bedtime! And it means I don't get ready for sleep until well after midnight. In other words - I hate it!

It also means my whole routine is turned upside down. I probably ate more fast food during the past two weeks than I have in the past 2 months. So what weight I had managed to shed, returned. Sigh...

Plus I earned my 'clopener' badge. In other words, I closed one night and then was there to open at 6:30 the following morning. It wasn't pretty. But it did enable a co-worker to attend a family function where they took a picture of all the grandkids and great-grandkids for his grandmother.

But I am back on schedule starting this week. For the most part. I have 'To-Go' duties coming up which I haven't had in the past few weeks.

Anyway...


I have managed to get my planners ready for March while watching some of the 'Great British Sewing Bee'. The Brits can make an interesting show out of sewing!

Texter, Lady K and I made it to the UNC Botanical Gardens Orchid Sale and some items did 'follow me home'. And not all of it orchids. 

Last weekend was spent at Texter's house, pet sitting. She and Mr. RaceCar went to the beach for a couple of nights. Lady K was with her dad for part of it, so it was me, a dog and 2 cats. I did get a quart of sorghum molasses out of the deal, which was well worth it for me. I had my beach trip too during this time period, driving 'Harry' to/from the beach. I am so loving my decision to get this car. 

I also decided to rearrange my room. Maybe not the wisest decision I have made recently. And the rearranging is about 90% complete. I still have a line of 'stuff' which needs to be put away.

InCoWriMo is chugging along. I have managed to write 24 letters, not including the Valentine's I sent out. And today I am planning on getting several more written, so I will be over 29 letters for the month. It also means another trip to the post office for stamps.

And in anticipation of a new release of the 'Black Jewels' series by Anne Bishop, I have been rereading several of the books. I have also been listening to the last couple of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series, because he has another book coming out soon in the series. I am loving the ability to link up my phone with the audio in the car to listen to books.

Oh!

And it snowed!


Yep, we went from springtime weather to a mini-snow fall in about 24 hours. Of course, we got very little here in Charlotte. But enough they felt the need to release school 3 hours early and cancel it the next day. Friends in Montana are still laughing.

Otherwise the past two weeks...

  • Walked over 5000 steps 10 days. Six of those days over 10,000 steps.
  • Menu planned 
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Read 8 books
  • Signed up for a Botanical Drawing Workshop in April 

This coming week...

  • Budget review for February/March
  • Eye appointment and new glasses
  • Complete writing letters for InCoWriMo and respond to letters written back
  • Monthly review and update Kanban board

But for now, more coffee and get ready to go to my Macrophotography workshop this afternoon at the Botanical Gardens.



Comments

Popular Posts