Garden Update

I am still mentally coping with the difference between gardening in the South and gardening in Montana.  This time of the year further south, things are starting to reach their peak.  Here, things are just starting.


All seven of my tomato plants are looking good.  They are a little over a foot tall and starting to bloom.  Now if the night temperatures will just allow them to set fruit.


In these two pots, I planted scarlet runner beans and sugar snap peas.  The runner beans are on one side so that I can train them up the railing.  The sugar snap I will let fall over the side of the pot.  At least that's my plan.  They are starting to come up after about 10 days in the soil.


My little bag of strawberry plants are looking great.  They have tons of flowers on them and are setting fruit already.  Still won't get more than a helping or two, but it's fun.  I still want to get another pot or two of herbs for the balcony, but I don't want them dying off in just a few months because of the weather.  Will have to think on that idea.

But growth, at least on the balcony, is being achieved!

Comments

  1. Yay for gardening! Everthing from my initial planting is up. Now for a good dose of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts