Taking Stock Part II

So I went back and looked at some of my posts from the first of the year to see what I wanted to do for the year. I only have one more day of Mercury in retrograde to blame on my lack of forward motion.  Looking back seemed like the thing to do.



2014 was going to be a year of sewing and knitting.  2014 has been a year of moving and non-routine!  And the new place doesn't have a dedicated sewing room, so I have to plan any sewing that I do.  Because of the move and family upheaval, I decided that this year was not a year for taking the Judy Niemeyer retreat.  Maybe next year.

Anyway, I had planned to do this in 2014 and completed only a couple of things:  

  • fingerless mitts - 2 sets - 1 set almost done
  • white scarf for Savvy
  • blue and purple shawl
  • "Joy" quilt (BOM at LQS)
  • Fractured Grinch - top done, now for border and backing
  • Savvy's bag - partially complete
  • One Block Wonder Quilt
  • Tula Pink City Sampler Quilt
  • Owl quilt
  • Alphabet blocks - need stuffing and finishing 
  • Kayden's curtains - done, but now she doesn't need them
  • 2 'panel' quilts
  • animal blankets
  • Geisha Art Quilt
  • Mariner's Compass Quilt
  • Wandering Star Quilt
  • Cross Stitch Christmas stocking
  • BOM from 2013 to finish
  • Scrap Quilt
  • Disappearing 4 Patch quilt
  • Spicy Spiral table runner
  • Monkey Hat
  • Quilt in a Tin
  • Asian Quilt kit
  • Dotted Art Quilt
With sewing being on the back burner for now, I have added a Dr. Who and mini-Who scarves for MisCon next year.  Those are progressing nicely.

I have been doing more posting recently.  And also have signed up to be a regional leader for NaNoWriMo for 2014 in the Helena area.  Big commitment on my part, if accepted. Also, Savvy is moving to Montana on the 1st of August.  It has meant cleaning out Lady K's room, which she never used, for Savvy's use. I can't tell you how excited I am that she will be here.

So, my hope for a 'routine' keeps going out the window.  But there is always hope!

Comments

Popular Posts