Invasion of the Tearling

Back in September of last year, I read book 1 of the Tearling trilogy, Queen of the Tearling.  I thought it was a very good read and couldn't wait until the next one was published.  So flash forward almost a year and here I am finishing up book two of the series, Invasion of the Tearling.


Picking up where book one left off, Kelsea, as the new queen of Tearling, is on the verge of having her kingdom invaded by the Red Queen.  However, changes are taking place in Kelsea, both physical and mental. There are flash backs to pre-crossing time and what Lily, a privileged wife of the time, is having to live through in the old world.  Kelsea's closest friends and guards are concerned about what's happening to her, as well as what is happening in the rest of Tearling with the enemy at their border.  Lily's circumstances are shades of Margaret Atwood.

It took me a bit to become use to the switching back and forth between Lily and Kelsea.  It seemed a bit jarring, but then as events happen, they become more and more merged.  And stronger in personality.  

There was a bit of a struggle to get into the book and at first, wasn't sure if I wanted to continue.  But as the story further unfolded, I am glad I stuck with it.  Now to await the conclusion.

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of this series. I am now reading the second installation of the Cousin O'Dwyer trilogy by Nora Roberts. It also involves time travel with a lot of paradoxes between the two. Oh and I posted for Local Flavors today. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts