Week In Review - October 16 - 22


This is the state of the household today!  Witchdoctor's Brew, followed up by doses of Nyquil and Dayquil.  Mine went right to my chest, Savvy's is in her head.  Lady K can sneeze and what looks like massive amounts of brains pour forth.  Texter not much better.

But got "J's" recipe for the brew she makes.  Lemons, ginger, honey, cinnamon, cloves and coriander.  I added oranges and dropped the coriander.  Coriander is the seed of cilantro.  I don't know if the seeds have the same taste, but cilantro tastes like soap to me.  After having a cup this morning, I thinned it out a bit.  Think I went overboard on the ingredients, particularly the spices.  And it needs to be a bit sweeter for my taste.  But it smells great!

Otherwise this week...

Turned in my early voting ballot, along with Texter's.


Witnessed some really great sunrises this week.


And Lady K attended her first football game!


Friend's son was in it and they had won their division championship.  This was the last game of the season.  The weather was nice, so we went.  Unfortunately, Lady K was in the throes of coming down with her cold and the noise was a bit much for her, so she and I left early.

As far as the rest of the week went:

  • Dentist and therapist appointments for Lady K
  • Watched the "Hamilton" special on PBS (was really great - will be watching again!)
  • Walked 46,245 steps or 66% of goal
  • Finished 1 book (in the middle of Crimson Death by Laurell K Hamilton - yummy!)
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Did some planning for NaNoWriMo - both as Municipal Liaison and for myself
  • Started clearing my desk off 

The coming week:

  • Therapist appointment for Texter and I in conjunction with Lady K's treatment
  • Lunch with Savvy (belated birthday present)
  • MORE NaNo prep
  • Getting further on the TMNT afghan - 1 green stripe done and started on the first color stripe
  • Get my Bee Hive block done and in the mail
  • Get tops for two lap quilts pieced and sewn

Well, now for more coffee.  I can't get the taste of the Witchdoctor's Brew out of my mouth!

Comments

Popular Posts