They Made Me Do It!

Despite my resolve not to sew until we moved back to North Carolina, I have crumbled. 

Not only have I joined a Block of the Week at my LQS...


This week's packet of fabrics for the two blocks I have to do.

But...



This is what I did pick up a couple of days ago from truly local shops. I went ahead and picked up the Row by Row Experience license plate block which I will probably put in my Montana Memories quilt I am going to make. My bottle of spray starch is already in use. 

The center piece is a panel of the cosmos, a Hoffman digital print (if I remember correctly) and will more than likely, be stretched on stretcher bars for a picture once we move.

The pile on the right, from the yellow down, are to be added to the Batman quilt currently in production. Of course a fox panel and a couple of charm packs in blues for a quilt for CJ sometime in the future.

But then yesterday....

On the road trip (local in Montana can mean a round trip of a couple hundred miles!)...

 

Two huge bags of fabrics!

There are a few 'fox' prints for Texter and Lady K pulled out a fat quarter in purple for me because 'purple is your favorite color'. Fortunately, it does coordinate with the Disney Female Villains fabric I picked up. A lap quilt more than likely for Savvy down the road.

But the "BIG" purchase was several Halloween inspired fabrics, most of which will be going into a huge Halloween quilt. It's going to be a case of laying out the fabrics and then planning and designing the quilt top. There are several panel pieces which won't be cut up and then filling in around them.

There is a second panel which will be a 'window' quilt. Probably a wall hanging or lap throw size. But more on those as I start working on them. I never thought I would make a Halloween quilt, much less two.

Lots of designing and 'figuring' out, but the local quilt shop hop is finished. I will turn in my sheet on Saturday and hopefully win something from one of the shops. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, off to Crystal Park to dig quartz crystals and picnic today!




Comments

Popular Posts