Bookish Thursday - April TBR Update and a Library Book Sale



I sat down to write this post and was thinking I haven't really read all that many books off my list. But when I started going through my TBR for April, I've finished 6 books! And luckily, they were all very pleasant reads. 

Off the stack:

  • Spells for Forgetting
  • Hollywood Jinx
  • The Last time She Saw Him
  • Briar Sword Monk
  • King-Killing Queen
  • Malice

'Spells' is a Book of the Month which has been sitting on my shelf. 'Hollywood' and 'Last Time' are both books I won, so I am pleased I have those read and rated. 'Monk' and 'Queen' are from an author I have met in person and I have really enjoyed his earlier books. Those two books I backed as a Kickstarter, so now they are read and checked off. Plus they were really good. I was very upset when I reached the end of King-Killing Queen and found the story continues. That's good. However, I am still awaiting book 2 in an earlier story, so I am not holding out for more in this series any time soon...sigh.

Malice is book one in a series by John Gwynne and I listened to it. I am awaiting to get the next book on audio from the library.

Speaking of libraries, last week was the annual book sale at my local library. Unfortunately, I had to pick up Lady K on the first day and missed out on Stephen King books for her. However, I did manage to pop in 3 times and have several books of which I have read in the past and wanted to add to my library and new books which I am excited to eventually read. 

I may try to read to finish up books already started on my list this week. And I need to start sorting through the 'new' books from the library sale. Some of them will be included in a part of my 'secret project' and I need to set up place for them.

But the stack is shrinking!



 

Comments

Popular Posts