Week(s) in Review - Life Has Been Crazy!



After an 8 hour day at work on Sunday, I came home to wade through my overgrown yard and found 'Cedric'. 

Yes, I named him. 

He scared the crap out of me because I had stopped to take a picture of the Carolina Allspice, aka 'Sweet Betsy', bush. I moved a branch to get a picture of the flower on the shrub and Cedric ran over my hand. But we are all cool now. Actually, I'm hoping he takes up residence in the greenhouse on the front porch and becomes a bug-eating machine. 


Carolina Allspice - 'Sweet Betsy'



After all the trauma last week over the fridge/freezer, I now have a new one installed. The two young men who delivered and installed it were super nice. And they had the whole thing done in less than an hour. Now I have a fridge/freezer with an ice maker which actually dispenses ice from the door like it is designed to. But there may be a problem with that.

You see, Lady K loves crushed ice. And it actually grinds up the ice cubes. So I foresee when she is here a lot of crushed ice will be dispensed. 

Weather has been so up-and-down. Along with my mental and physical energy level. Yard work is WAY behind. And I am being overrun with seedlings.  

Lady K did stay a couple of days with us pre-fridge trauma last week. On the drive down we talked about all the wisteria growing alongside the road. You have NO idea how much wisteria there is on the 100 mile drive!

This week plans...

  • Submit for 'secret project' for a final quote and request a sample
  • MOW THE DAMN YARD!
  • Fence up around the veggie garden
  • Pot up seedlings
  • Start planting out seedlings and plants purchased

But in the meantime, I need to eat breakfast and get ready for work!

 

Comments

Popular Posts