2000 Pages Plus and Only 1 Month

I picked up a couple of books today.  One was a book I had been waiting for, and in fact, thought it was not out until September.  The second was one recommended by one of Savvy’s friends.  When Poogles says a book is good, I usually enjoy it.  She turned me onto Anne Bishop for one thing.

So I have 2000 pages sitting on my bedside table and need to finish them by August 17.  The first one is the fifth book in the series by George R. R. Martin, Dance of Dragons.

dance of dragons  This book is suppose to take up the storyline of half of the characters in the book and then blends them back toward the end.  I am sure this is going to be an ‘exhausting’ read, as his other four books have been page turners.

The other book is by Elizabeth Moon, The Deed of Paksenarrion.   What I gather from the book it is actually the combination of three books.  I have read Elizabeth Mon in the past when she has written with Ann McCaffrey, so this should be interesting.  But like I said, if Poogles likes it, it has to be good. 

deed of pak  Of course, tomorrow is my cleaning day and fight the cockroaches day.  I also want to declutter and straighten a couple of bookshelves.  And there is the Tour de France to watch, but I can do that while cleaning.  But hopefully, I will have a chance to get started on my reading for the next month.

By the way, as much as I want to strangle Amani (the dog), I do have to say if she can get out of the puppy, I-will-eat-your-furniture stage, she will be a pretty good dog.  She is smart.  She knows if she is hot to lay on top of the air vents.  Doesn’t do too much for me getting any air, especially when she’s gassy, but shows a little intelligence on her part.

Comments

  1. I hope you enjoy the books . I knew you would like that dog sooner or later LOL !! Yeah I have a gassy dog too poor thing . Take care and have a great wknd .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts