Week In Review - August 23 - 29

Our summer reading program is drawing to a close at the library.  One of the prizes the kids could earn was a rubber ducky.  So much to my surprise, as I walked during my break one day, to see this little guy sitting all alone.


Right out there in the middle of Last Chance Gulch walking mall, he was just sitting all by himself.  And then I realized it probably wasn't all that unusual.  After all, he had found some water for a quick dip.


On my return trip he had vanished.  Hopefully, he had been returned to his reading owner or found a flock of rubber duckies to hang with.

HUZZAH!  This week has been long and tiring, trying to get things situated in the  new house, the last of things out of the old house.  Thus, for the week I surpassed by goal of 70,000 steps in a week.  I hit 72,803 for the week or 33.32 miles!  Of course, most of that was up and down stairs lugging boxes and furniture.  I had 5 out of 7 days I went over 10,000 steps (my goal for the day) and 1 day I came so close I should have walked a few more steps.  Now I'm hoping my steps will be made by actually walking walking and not working walking.  Of course, I do walk to work now.

Texter started school this past week.  I am so excited she is so excited about it.  Tuesdays are going to be long and I can see by the end of the semester they are going to be really long feeling as she is there from about 8:30 in the morning until 6:00 at night.  But she knows a girl who is in all her classes but her online class.  I'm so happy my baby girl is making friends!  So Lady K and I are together on Tuesdays to see what mischief we can manage on that day.

Books - another big category this week...
  • started unpacking boxes of books, making sure they were in Goodreads and placing them on my new shelves in some semblance of order.
  • Finished 1 book
  • Joined Blogging for Books and requested my first book to review.
  • Received by Chaotic Goddess Books & Bloggers swap partner and have the books in mind I will be sending out next week.  (This was fun and can't wait to reveal what I got her!)
Writing - 
  • Managed to do some daily journaling
  • Planning started for this year's NaNoWriMo write-in's and my own writing
  • 5 blog posts written
Fabric and Fibers -
  • Managed about 1/2 a round on Sophie's Universe
  • Had my 1930 Farmer's Daughter quilt book spiral bound in prep for QAL starting on September 28.
  • Decided what fabric style I will be using for the QAL - batiks!  And instead of a white background, I think I am going with a gray and bright batiks for the blocks.
So for the coming week - 
  • hopefully by the end of today (Sunday) I will have the old apartment cleaned out.  Moving the fish tank is going to be an issue.
  • new appliances arrive on Tuesday, so my job will be to keep Lady K out of the way from 'assisting'.
  • More books will hopefully be unpacked and placed in the house
  • Getting a new routine down for the new house.
  • Planning what I want to get down the following week when I am on vacation!
    • finish painting bathroom and kitchen is one thing
    • fabrics for QAL purchased
  • Mailing off my swap package
  • Menu planning
Things are coming along, slowly but surely. I will be glad when the whole 'move' thing is over with finally and I know my friend, Christine, and her son, B, will be!  They have been troopers lending arms, legs, backs and truck to the process.  I promised her drinks next week, but B will have to settle for a milk shake!




Comments

Popular Posts