- Saw Star Wars VII! Fantastic!
Since Texter finished a semester of math in 11 days (with an A, by the way), I had promised to celebrate with a trip to see Star Wars VII. Well worth going, even when not feeling well.
- Lady K officially in 'school' (daycare to us, school to her, like mommy)
It's been an interesting adjustment. Not sure she is completely with the program yet, but it did give both of us a chance to chill out (and nap undisturbed).
- Joined the Book and Cuppa Swap at Chaotic Goddess
Tomorrow is the reveal of my partner and then some 'stalking' to see what my partner would like.
- Finished my Bee Hive Swap Block for January
This is my block I'm keeping. I have found with swaps, I like to make two and send off the better of the two. Not that I have been in all that many swaps. At first I was a little concerned I didn't have any orange. Actually, the navy blue was my issue! I had a layer cake with plenty of orange in it. The block, Homebase, went into the mail yesterday to the January queen. By the way, I am Queen in September (for my birthday) and already have my block picked out.
- Finished my Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January
The lighting wasn't great, as you can see by my shadow on the block. But blue was the color for January. The center is a batik with words like 'create', 'imagine' on it. Then a purple/blue batik for the points and a blueish/grey for the light blue. It was a fun block to put together. I made 6 blocks for the quilt we will be finishing up by the end of the year.
With all my time in the recliner and bed, I did manage to finish up the following:
- Books read - 5
- Posts written - 5
- Words written - 1,330
- Steps walked - 23,513 or 10.75 miles
- Finished up one sock and started the matching one
- Worked on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt a bit. I am sssoooo tired of pressing and sewing together 100 plus pieces for each step. But the end is in sight. Those women who finished up the day of the reveal have my admiration and a slightly envious glance. I love seeing some of the other colors people came up with. Next year I might be a bit more adventurous.
- Received two Chris Jurd patterns - very, very quickly from Australia I might add.
For the coming week -
- Writing up posts I have some ideas on
- Taking Henry Marcus back to have his ear repaired
- Cut out Harley Quinn in muslin to fit on Texter
- Yoga 3 days everyone is at school and day care
- Write two letters to friends
- Modern HST starts online
- Work out the NEW routine of Lady K to daycare and Texter to school and me to work Monday through Friday
- Plan menus for coming week (have leftovers for the next couple of days)
- Finish up the Mystery Quilt
Today, my plan is to get Texter's meds from the drugstore and then hit the recliner for some knitting. My mind can handle the repetition of the sock and I am all sewn out with the little pieces for the quilt right now.