Sunday, July 24, 2016

Week In Review - July 17 - 23


Yes, this was my week.  Well, only three days of it.  I was the full time babysitter for Lady K while Texter was working/attending NaguCon here in Helena.  Of course, Lady K has been a bit under the weather for part of it.  Running a fever and no one knows why.  But she seems over it, but giving Texter the cold shoulder for being gone.

I did learn I am not above bribing with PlayDoh (which still smells great).

I am in a 'dragon' mode and ripped out the Honeycomb Cowl because (1) there were too many mistakes in it, (2) I realized I was using the wrong size needles and that's why it wasn't looking like it should and (3) I needed them for knitting a dragon hat.  So a 'blue' dragon hat started (knit) and a dragon scarf (crochet) and a skirt (sewing).  All started, none finished.

Problem with looking for YouTube instructions on starting with a 'magic circle' for crochet is I found directions on the crocodile stitch and a pattern for fingerless gloves.  These have been on my wish list for ages.  So a possible other project thrown in the batch.

What else this past week...

  • Tour de France watching (today is the last day)
  • Meeting to discuss projects for the Big Read (so several projects on the burner there)
  • Staff meeting
  • Cut out 1 skirt and 2 tops/1 skirt selected to cut out next
  • Altered a vest for Texter to wear to NaguCon
  • Made 1 batch of Candied Dill Pickles (my favorite in the world!) and 2 batches of jelly - one Nanking Cherry and one Berry Cherry Rum.  One more batch of Nanking Cherry left to make.
  • Fed and watered Christine's dogs while they were out camping for the weekend



For the coming week...

  • Set up August in my planner
  • Picture taking of planners for publicity and posts
  • Sewing, knitting and crocheting!!!!
  • Doctor appointment to discuss what do to about my 'numbers' which are not borderline.  Something that doesn't involve taking medicine, but rather changing habits.
  • Start my 'new' schedule at work on Monday's (huzzah!)
  • Working on Big Read projects (some sewing and design work)
  • Fleshing out the Planner class and starting the power point

Now, off for another cup of coffee and the last day of the Tour de France watching.

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to believe that we are planning for August already isn't it? I need to work on my planning for the month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 99% certain I need to know the recipe for candied dill pickles and those jellies. I am beyond curious.

    I hope the doctor's appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.