Week In Review - July 17 - 23


Yes, this was my week.  Well, only three days of it.  I was the full time babysitter for Lady K while Texter was working/attending NaguCon here in Helena.  Of course, Lady K has been a bit under the weather for part of it.  Running a fever and no one knows why.  But she seems over it, but giving Texter the cold shoulder for being gone.

I did learn I am not above bribing with PlayDoh (which still smells great).

I am in a 'dragon' mode and ripped out the Honeycomb Cowl because (1) there were too many mistakes in it, (2) I realized I was using the wrong size needles and that's why it wasn't looking like it should and (3) I needed them for knitting a dragon hat.  So a 'blue' dragon hat started (knit) and a dragon scarf (crochet) and a skirt (sewing).  All started, none finished.

Problem with looking for YouTube instructions on starting with a 'magic circle' for crochet is I found directions on the crocodile stitch and a pattern for fingerless gloves.  These have been on my wish list for ages.  So a possible other project thrown in the batch.

What else this past week...

  • Tour de France watching (today is the last day)
  • Meeting to discuss projects for the Big Read (so several projects on the burner there)
  • Staff meeting
  • Cut out 1 skirt and 2 tops/1 skirt selected to cut out next
  • Altered a vest for Texter to wear to NaguCon
  • Made 1 batch of Candied Dill Pickles (my favorite in the world!) and 2 batches of jelly - one Nanking Cherry and one Berry Cherry Rum.  One more batch of Nanking Cherry left to make.
  • Fed and watered Christine's dogs while they were out camping for the weekend



For the coming week...

  • Set up August in my planner
  • Picture taking of planners for publicity and posts
  • Sewing, knitting and crocheting!!!!
  • Doctor appointment to discuss what do to about my 'numbers' which are not borderline.  Something that doesn't involve taking medicine, but rather changing habits.
  • Start my 'new' schedule at work on Monday's (huzzah!)
  • Working on Big Read projects (some sewing and design work)
  • Fleshing out the Planner class and starting the power point

Now, off for another cup of coffee and the last day of the Tour de France watching.

Comments

  1. It is so hard to believe that we are planning for August already isn't it? I need to work on my planning for the month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 99% certain I need to know the recipe for candied dill pickles and those jellies. I am beyond curious.

    I hope the doctor's appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts