Fabric and Fiber Friday - Turning the Corner (So to Speak)


While my Watergarden has progressed as fast as it did in July while watching the Tour de France, I am determined to finish the last 'wall' for the water garden this weekend. Then I can wash it lightly and give it a press before putting it on a frame to stitch the 'water'. It's done with silk threads. There is also some specialty stitches and beading, all in bright blues. I can't wait!

So while my stitching has been chugging along, my sewing as too. 


With fabric from my stash, this quick little dress for Lady K. I need to get buttons and it will be completely done and ready for her to wear.


But my quilting has hit a snag. I need to do a TON of practicing with FMQ (Free Motion Quilting). To put it bluntly, I suck! So this has to be ripped out and I will go to plan B for quilting this lap quilt.

With two weeks left in the month, I am hoping I will be onto the 'water' in the Watergarden and have my Disney Villains quilted and the binding on it. And have buttons on Lady K's dress and a second dress cut out. 

But for now, more coffee and stepping carefully over my quality control inspectors.

Comments

Popular Posts