Writing Wednesday - Not Happening!

Nope, no pen to paper or fingers to keyboard these days. 

Oh, I do have good intentions, but it just not happening.

I knew writing wouldn't happen in July with the Tour de France, so I called a timeout until school starts in August. Lazy, probably. Realistic, certainly.

Actually, what I am wanting to do is to leap across the table (well, saunter around the table actually) and finish up the Joy quilt. It is sssoooo close to being finished. Or rather the top part is almost finished. 


What's left is to attach 4 borders, make the 4 cornerstone blocks and sew them on. Hopefully, I can get that done today. Fingers crossed. 

Then my issue will be how to get it quilted. I don't know if I can fit the huge quilt through my machine to quilt it. I will have to wait and see.

Now that the quilt is off the 'design wall' (a flannel sheet hung from the wall), I need to redo the wall.


I need to attach the sheet a bit better since I threw it up on the wall in a hurry. AND I have some design wall demons who seem to feel it's actually a climbing wall put there for their enjoyment.

So more coffee and then a trip around the table to the sewing machine and completion!

Comments

Popular Posts