Tuesday Sundries - Hobonichi Time of the Year

If July is Tour de France time, then August is 'Hobonichi Release Preview Time'. And once again, my daughters groan and shake their heads.

Over the years decades I have tried many different styles and types of planners, from Day Runner, to Franklin Covey, to Moleskine, to personalized planners and for the past couple of years, I have settled on the Hobonichi planners.


This is my line-up for 2018. From top to bottom, I have a Techo (A6 size) in a lime green cover with a 'cover-on-cover'. I use it for my daily work tracking for Leapforce. It goes with me every time I get in the car. 

Next, is my Weeks, which is a weekly calendar and I use it to record my expenses. I haven't used it as much as I should have this past year, but it's getting better. Right now, I have a coffee bean cover with a London cover-on-cover.

Then is my 5-year Hobonichi with the cover I made for it. And I use it daily to record just a snippet of the day. And log temperatures in case I want to go back and make a temperature quilt or blanket.

But finally, it's my Cousin (A5 size) which I use every day for everything from appointments, to-do lists, Texter and Lady K's schedules, ideas and a bit of journaling. It's my dump-bucket for my life.

So now is the time to see the 2019 Hobonichi Line-up and decided what I want to order in September.

When I first started seeing the line-up, I was a bit disappointed. I wasn't going to get anything but a Cousin and a Techo and that's it. Just the books and I can reuse 2018's covers.

But...

While my craving/need/desire for a Cousin is low as I currently have this cover...


and it's perfectly good. There isn't really anything which grabbed me in this size. If I were to get a new cover for my Cousin, it would probably be a solid cover with a cover-on-cover like this.

Picture courtesy of Hobonichi


I would get the cover-on-cover on the left and this blue - Dolphin.

The real problem arose with the Techo, which goes with me everywhere to track my movements for my work project.

Once again, I could just get a cover-on-cover, but I like the green.

Picture courtesy of Hobonichi


Once again, the one on the left and I like the darker green. But then again, I like the "Sugar Rose" color...

Picture courtesy of Hobonichi








However...
Picture courtesy of Hobonichi

Picture courtesy of Hobonichi





Picture courtesy of Hobonichi






Right now I am leaning toward the Cat or Shakespeare. Lady K knows 'get my green book' so might have to stay with the green theme.

Another quandary is the weekly, "Weeks". I wasn't really planning on getting another one. But then I saw this one...


A beautiful Cherry Blossom design, right up my alley. I just wish this came in the Cousin size!

But one of the best parts, other than awaiting a package from Japan are the 'freebies' which come along with my order.


I love the pens (3 colors in one) and since I would be getting 2-3, depending on what I order, the problem will be to keep one out of Texter's hands.

Hobonichi also has an annual Stieff Bear planner and this year you get a little bear paperweight. So I will have 1 or 2 of these. And having to keep out of Lady K's hands!

This is my dilemma right now. And once they reveal the 2019 accessories, there will be a couple of additions to the order. I am eyeing their index tabs right now, but we will see. 

Wish me luck and I'll let you know what the final order is. And if you think I'm crazy about Hobonichi, check out the 100's of unboxings on YouTube!



























Comments

  1. Wow--you introduced me to a new planner! I have been using Erin Condren sporadically the past couple of years and like them but these are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the high quality and results-oriented content. You can also read our blog : customized planners

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts