Week In Review - August 19 - 25

I'm in countdown mode. 

For school to start. 

I've turned into that crabby old granny and need school to start. 

Actually, Lady K is bored and wants/needs school to start. She needs kids to play with and interact with. And I need it for her. 

But it starts Wednesday and then all will be right with the world (fingers crossed).



I am getting so close to being finished with the DMC floss portion of the Watergarden Mandala. Unfortunately, I had planned on sitting and stitching on Saturday. Instead, I prepared the base for ice cream, made two batches of cookies, delivered cookies to the girls at work, and basically doing everything but sitting and stitching.

Actually, I am planning in the back of my mind starting this HUGE cross stitch project next month. It will be an on again/off again project it's so big.

One good thing about having all this cross stitching to do is I am not just sitting at my computer and doing basically nothing. However, by sitting at my computer I get to be entertained.


The cats think of my ironing board as their perch. Normally, it's for sleeping, but occasionally it's used to try and attack the dog. 

I did screw up my nerve and walked across the street this past week and introduce myself to neighbors and inquire what was causing these weird noises coming from their backyard early in the morning.


Quail!

They are raising quail. Not the tiny wild kind I have 'sampled' by way of my dad hunting, but bigger, domesticated ones. And they gifted me with a huge bag of eggs.

Let me tell you, quail eggs are TOUGH! I learned there are even quail egg scissors to snip the ends off the eggs. It takes 5-6 quail eggs to equal 1 hen egg. 

But they were so kind as to let Lady K gather eggs from the cage and touch one. They promised me some quail to cook in the future. I can't wait.

But aren't they pretty? Almost too pretty to crack open. I'm going to try some tiny deviled eggs this week.

And with a bit of exploring, I discovered a newer, bigger Food Lion grocery store down the road from me. 


There is a Food Lion about 3 minutes from our house. But they don't have a meat counter and some of the other 'luxury' touches. But it's an older store and everyone is super nice. It's great for a quick run in, grab something and leave. But this one is reached turning the other direction and traveling about 5 minutes away.

My goal, once Lady K is safely in school, is to do more exploring of Charlotte. I haven't even hit the quilt stores or yarn shops yet! With Texter being off on Thursday, we can get out and wander without having to wrangle Lady K. Peace!

Otherwise this week...

  • 3 posts written
  • Won a giveaway for planner stickers
  • Won several Kindle books from Goodreads
  • Lady K and Texter went to Raleigh for the day 
  • Grocery shopping done

This coming week...

  • Haircuts for Lady K and I
  • School Starts!!!!
  • Pick out the quilting on Villains quilt and start over on quilting
  • Figure out where I am on Mariner's Compass Quilt
  • Finish DMC floss on Watergarden Mandala and wash and put on stretcher frame to finish up
  • Read at least 2 Kindle books I've won
  • Review plans for 101 Things and set September goals

But for now, more coffee.




Comments

Popular Posts