Fiber and Fabric Friday - I'm Trying!

I have actually gotten a few more stitches into my cross stitch this past week. Mainly because I am sitting with Lady K while she plays Kingdom Hearts III. I stitch when my ability to fight the bad guys is not needed.

Yesterday however was warm, but overcast and grey. And I was in a bit of a funk. 

So I pulled out a large stack of 'orphans' from my scrap pile and decided to at least lay some of them out on my blank design 'sheet'. 


These three piles are from starting on Farmer's Wife and 100 Tula Pink blocks. I started and abandoned. The back piles are odds and ends left over from other blocks and quilts.


I have a 'bright' side and a 'tree' side on the wall. The bright side is scapes I sewed together. The tree side is blocks I was going to turn into a bag ages ago. And a couple of blocks from a class I took which featured 'Y' seams. (UGH!) But the greens would blend with the tree blocks.

I know there are more orphan blocks in "THE" closet. "The" closet I need to get into to check out some cross stitch patterns to sort through. 

So maybe, if nothing else, I'll go through and figure out something with these blocks, give them a press and make some quilt tops. There are a couple of quilters out there I follow who have taken odd blocks and 'created' a quilt top with them. 

Maybe...





NOTE: Ms. QuiltScience, back in Helena, is slamming through quilt tops at a fantastic rate. I'm jealous!

Comments

Popular Posts