Tuesday Sundries - Japanese "Invasion"

Have you noticed recently how every time you turn around, there is mention of the Netflix show, 'Tidying Up' and the Spark Joy book by Marie Kondo?



Well, as it happens I have been a 'fan' of all things Japanese for years now, long before this 'invasion'. 

With two daughters who were into anime and manga, I couldn't help it. Also, over the years, my tastes have changed from a cluttered English Cottage/shabby chic look to a cleaner 'zen' look. Ok, don't look at my house, but mentally that's where I'm heading.

And while I love the idea of an English Cottage garden, I love the feel and calmness of a Japanese garden. 

I started looking at the books on my bedside table and realized I have also brought the Japanese theme into my reading also. 

  and 

I have also been reading Japanese or Asian cooking books too, both nonfiction and fiction.

I am in love with the manga series, What Did You Eat Yesterday?




I love this transition from a 'Western' view of the world to incorporating a more Asian aesthetic to my life, both mentally and physically. 

But...

Don't let me go to a store which carries Japanese stationery products. I don't have enough money!







  

Comments

Popular Posts