Week In Review - February 17 - 23

F***ing Rain!

That's all it's done for days and days. Cool, damp, grey, rainy days.

When I was in Montana the rain came through and left. In about 5 minutes. There were no lingering, drizzly days. Wham, bam, thank you and gone.

Here it's moved in like a relative you can stand for a couple of days who turns their stay into a couple of weeks. Go already!

Yes, I know. Give me a month or so and I'll be begging for rain. Especially this summer. But for now, go already!

However...

My Dollar Tree lighting for my seedlings seems to be working well.



So far (knock on wood), the seedlings are coming up fairly straight and not leaning to reach light. They don't appear to be all that leggy. So my $5 I have invested in these lamps seem to be working well. 

My only problem is going to be when I have to start moving them into paper cups. I may actually set up lighting on the garage floor for them and then move them under the tree in the front yard to harden them off. Will have to see. It will mean a couple of extension cords will have to be purchased for the lights. But I have a double garage, so I should be able to make it work.

Oh, and the yarn strung around?

Cats!


They discovered my seedlings earlier in the week and decided to pull up a couple. Luckily, I think I saved them in time, not that losing a few seedlings would be a hardship. So I built my wall to keep out cats. It seems to be working and a snip of the scissors and the wall will come down.

Other than plants and RAIN, there hasn't been much going on. I did bake some Cinnamon-Raisin Bread based on The Pioneer Woman's recipe. Very good, not too sweet.

I also baked Cherry-Chocolate Chip Cookies. I used dark chocolate chips. I did, however, get eyed by Lady K who felt the use of the cherries in the cookies was a big waste. Therefore, she now has a bottle of cherries in the fridge for snacking and the making of Shirley Temples for dinnertime.

Otherwise this week:
  • Carolina Alpaca Festival 
  • Mailed out seeds to friends in Montana which looked like a major drug shipment with all the little foil packets in envelopes.
  • Participated in a seed exchange. Sent out hollyhock seeds and will be getting some pepper seeds in return which are suppose to make a nice hanging basket.
  • Got in 10 hours at GameStop and completed my online training to 'move up'. Savvy and I are poised to take over GameStop in the next couple of years!
  • Started Rainbow Barf Cat scarf for Savvy and promised one to Lady K. She just wants purple and pink in her 'rainbow'. 
  • Wrote a full week of posts!
  • Didn't finish any books, but did abandon 1 

While the week wasn't 'bad', all the rain and lack of sun are making me feel yucky (technical term).

And while the rain is scheduled to be done by noon today and the sun emerging from behind clouds (huzzah), the following in scheduled for the coming week:

  • Long day at GameStop (my only hours so far this coming week)
  • Lady K to her dad's on Friday
  • Saturday - the Triad Orchid Show and Sale!!!!
  • Trip to Costco (probably) for a huge lot of paper cups to transplant seedlings into
  • Trip to Lowe's for potting soil 
  • Work on Rainbow Barf Cat scarves
  • Get some words on paper for Queen of the Middle Court
  • ENJOY THE SUNSHINE!!!!

But for now, as I listen to raindrops on the roof, it's time for more coffee!




Comments

Popular Posts