Week in Review - January 27 - February 2

This weekend I am 'porking' out on BBQ.

During my grocery shopping on Friday, I bought an eleven pound Boston Butt for $6.41. So about 58 cents a pound. And it is mostly meat, the bone isn't that big. Unfortunately, the grocery store no longer cuts up pork. Therefore, at 6:30 yesterday morning, I had the cutting board out and a huge butchers knife cutting it in half. Since I am the only one who eats it, I didn't need 11 pounds of BBQ.

Well, I was wrong about being the only one eating the BBQ. Lady K had a friend over to play and they wandered through the kitchen as I was pulling it apart. They both had a sandwich. You have no idea what a huge thing it is for her to eat that sandwich. But still, there is only so much BBQ I can eat at one time.

On the plant front...

The lemon tree is starting to fill out with blooms.


Hopefully, some leaves will start emerging soon, as right now, it is covered in tiny bloom buds.

And my Christmas amaryllis is going to be Valentine's Day amaryllis.


It is open now, 4 flowers per stalk (3 stalks). I have never had amaryllis come back with a second set of blooms. Amazing.

I have also cooked some this week.  

I tried out a new cookie recipe, Double Chocolate Cookies


What interested me about these cookies were they are made with 'biscuit mix', which makes it super simple if you have some Bisquick on hand. And Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. They make up to be a really fudgy cookie. And easy too!

Besides the pork BBQ on Saturday, I made a batch of coleslaw for my sandwiches, some BBQ sauce, some Ghiradelli Shortbread Chocolate Drop cookies and Chocolate Bread. The bread turned out too, but I had issues removing it from the pan. I think I tried to dump it out too soon. But I can eat 'hunks'.

Also, this week was the Kingdom Hearts III release. For fans of Kingdom Hearts, this was a long-awaited release. The release was Monday evening and I picked up my copy on Friday morning along with a mini-controller for Lady K. She is turning into a bit of a gamer.

We are loving the game, especially since there are a ton of Disney characters central to the story of the game. And the graphics are brilliant. I need a bigger TV!

Otherwise this past week...
  • Was feeling a bit 'in the dumps' and was a bit of a slug all week. I'm blaming the weather which has been up and down for days now.
  • Finished off 9 books. There was one cookbook and two quilting books, so not much reading there.
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Meal planned and grocery shopped 
  • Filed my taxes

This coming week...
  • Savvy coming over to play Resident Evil 2 with me while Lady K is at school and to eat some chicken pastry
  • Listing items for ebay
  • Maxing hours for work-from-home
  • One shift at GameStop
  • Writing, writing, writing
  • My next shipment of Death Wish Coffee arriving on Monday

But for now, more coffee!

Comments

Popular Posts