Food and Fun Friday - Banana Pudding Cake

I love a bit of culinary challenge every now and then. And a few weeks ago, a co-worker showed me a picture and stated she wanted a 'banana pudding cake'.

Going home after work, I googled the picture she showed me which was actually an 'ad' for a cake for sale by a baker - $50 worth of cake it seems.

On Wednesday I got the 'wild hair' to come home and make a 'banana pudding cake'. For my recipe I put together ideas from several different recipes and came up with this...




Immediately it started listing to one side, but I stuck it into the refrigerator to help set the 'pudding' in between the layers and the frosting. 

Savvy was approving of the pudding the middle as she checked out what I was going when she got home from work. And it was my 'breakfast' before work on Thursday. Mainly because I needed to leave part of it at home for Savvy's breakfast.

Pretty darn good, if I say so myself.

Comments

Popular Posts